Re: Are the issues with my domain DNS related?

Linus Ulrick wrote:
> Hello, Everyone
> I hope that one of the many geniuses that frequent this list might be
> able to shed some light on a problem that I am having.  I do run Fedora
> Core 6 (very happily, I must say :)) but this is too off topic, please
> feel free to contact me off list.
>
> I have fully qualified domain: afolkey2.net.  It can USUALLY be found
> thusly:
> http://www.afolkey2.net
>
> Tonight when I came home from work, I started seeing problems with
> pages loading.  Try the following to see what I mean:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/awstats/awstats.pl?config=www.afolkey2.net
> http://www.afolkey2.net/gallery2/main.php

<----------------[ SNIP ]------------------------>

I am not sure what your problem was, but I am not seeing it from
here. Could something have been loading down the server? Possibly a
cron job that puts a load on it, or a lot of web requests? (Your web
logs should show if the later case is the problem.) If you are not
trying to connect from the same location as the server, it could
also be network problems that limit bandwidth on the connection to
the server. (Backhoes can have a drastic affect on network speeds!)
If this server hosts more then your own web pages, then you can also
run into problems when another web site on the server is
experiencing heavy traffic.

In any case, you will want to take a good look at the logs. Make
sure there are not hardware problems, that you are not being subject
to a denial of service attack, or a cracking attempt that is loading
down the server. (Or worse, a successful cracking that has your
server doing other things...)

Mikkel