Re: Lost my mouse pointer !!

William Case wrote:
Hi;

Just installed a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard with an integrated NVIDA
GeForce C51PV 6150 chipset.  Got everything working except my mouse.

Actually my mouse mainly works but I can't get the pointer to show up on
my desktop even though icons and labels show focus when I happen to have
my mouse focus over them.  Tried every possible variation of the mouse
preferences setup.  Removed my wallpaper.  My xorg.conf file shows no
mouse definition and I am certain mouses used to be defined there.  I am
using an ordinary Microsoft three button mouse.

Any suggestions graciously received.  This is turning into one of the
silliest, frustrating Fedora challenges I have faced so far.

Possibly a known disappearing pointer XOrg bug affecting the nv
driver.  Two options:

1. Continue with the nv driver, disable hardware cursor acceleration.
Look for a section in xorg.conf containing the Driver "nv" line and
add the SWCursor line as below:

Section "Device"
        Option      "SWCursor" "True"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
EndSection

2. Use the nvidia driver.  You may need to disable graphical boot by
removing the rhgb option from your kernel line in /etc/grub.conf.

--
imalone