Re: Lost my mouse pointer !!

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 06:20 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just installed a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard with an integrated NVIDA
> GeForce C51PV 6150 chipset.  Got everything working except my mouse.
>
> Actually my mouse mainly works but I can't get the pointer to show up on
> my desktop even though icons and labels show focus when I happen to have
> my mouse focus over them.  Tried every possible variation of the mouse
> preferences setup.  Removed my wallpaper.  My xorg.conf file shows no
> mouse definition and I am certain mouses used to be defined there.  I am
> using an ordinary Microsoft three button mouse.
>
> Any suggestions graciously received.  This is turning into one of the
> silliest, frustrating Fedora challenges I have faced so far.

Probably the hardware mouse pointer issue.  Edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
file and make sure you have the following in it:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"  (or whatever driver you're using)
        Option      "HWCursor" "off"  <<---That's the important bit
EndSection

Log out and let X restart.  Your pointer should be back.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-         The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR FILES!!!       -