Re: Getting all information about hardware at once

Paul Smith wrote:
On 8/8/07, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
you might want to be a bit more specific with what you're trying to find...

dmesg will give you a great deal of information... but i don't know if this
is helpful!!

Thanks, Bruce and Craig. Usually, people on the lists ask me what is
my hardware. Thus, to answer them, I imagined that some command would
come out with such an information.

Paul

Ah, too easy.

For the list, they always want the output of: lspci

For usb devices, install usbutils and run lsusb

The output of those commands tells us the basic model and rev of video, wireless, audio, and other components.

Good luck!