F6C800-UNV Belkin UPS?

I have a Belkin UPS for which they provide Linux control and monitoring software.

I think I recall that Fedora Linux also had an application to interface with a UPS?

I am curious to try this device and need to know if anyone has experience with it, and if it's safe to install the software they provide or if there is already something else I can use. The truth is I probably don't need the control functions although it would be convenient to have auto-shutdown in the event power goes down while I am away but the monitor functions might be of some interest.

Any suggestions and opinions appreciated.

Bob Goodwin