Re: Strange things going on

On Wednesday August 8 2007 11:10:22 am Andrew Kelly wrote:
> Regardless of how /you/ want to perceive things, Claude, there
> is a certain decorum in "places like this" and there is
> absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get participants to
> respect and follow it.

Regardless of how you perceive things, and I do use this forum in
conjunction with work, there's been some nasty, intemperate,
piling on going on here of late, and that's not just on the
list-member we're discussing now. You complain that this stuff
is getting in the way of work -- you're in this biz, it's a
simple fix - send the posts from people you don't like to the
appropriate bin, or delete them, or if you open one by accident,
don't read it, and as a grownup, I'm sure you can think of more
solutions. There's no excuse for some of the nastiness I've seen
lately, as far as I'm concerned, and I shall continue to express
myself equally forcefully on that issue. I don't wish to be
list-cop, and never attempt to tell anyone what they can and
can't say -- but, if someone becomes boorish, I will say so. I'm
not defending Karl, he's shown himself quite capable of taking
care of himself. I'm expressing my views forcefully about
certain behavior -- I don't expect everyone to respond to my
predilections -- but things did get a little nicer for awhile.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA