Re: ldconfig silent output

On 8/8/07, Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 08:28:22AM -0400, Garry Williams wrote:
>
> > I started encountering this symptom after installing the Oracle 10g
> > client on my F7 (32-bit) system.  That may very well be a coincidence,
> > though.  [...]
>
> Better run a "rpm -Vf /sbin/ldconfig" to see of Oracle maybe replaced
> your ldconfig.  They *do* replace your gcc without any warning in some
> cases, via a badly written rpm package, so be warned.

(I think you may be remembering an older Oracle release.)

My ldconfig has not been replaced.

I didn't install the client from an rpm -- I installed using the
Oracle installation program, which doesn't touch any system files
(except creating the /etc/oratab and /etc/oraInst.loc files).

Anyway, the Oracle installation may be irrelevant.  The problem seems
to be mislabeled files and/or directories, causing the selinux avcs.
I don't know enough about selinux to properly diagnose my avcs.
Another possible bug is that ldconfig seems to exit without error when
it encounters failures due to selinux.  That is the original symptom
reported by Mohammed.

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579