Re: Printer config is BAD!

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 15:42 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 12:39 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >>         The gui software for setting up the printer has been
> updated
> >> and it's
> >> very bad. It is fucked up to where I can't use it. It will not
> accept
> >> printer with a parallel port cable. It makes F7 worthless for a
> user.
> >
> > Well that turns out to be true. The cups web page has not a choice
> for
> > configuring a printer on a parallel port. Karl this is your chance
> > file a bugzilla.
> > --

> > Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.

> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail:
> akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
>         I have 4 bugzilla inputs and none are as of this date even
> worked on. I
> don't need another.

It is not a matter of your need. If the developers are not informed of
this "bug" the situation never can change,

On the other hand, your are the one that wants the printer to work.
Installing the original cups might be the quickest way to determine if
this is the problem.
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and think what nobody
else has thought.