Re: F7 is done - parallel printer users unite

Karl Larsen wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Hi Jim, I discovered the new cups update we got does not support a printer using a parallel port connect. I had to force back to the original cups for f7 to get mine to work. There are a lot of people using these cables.

Hopefully the problem introduced concerning parallel printers is repaired. I believe this was not an intentional move since they are still in abundant usage.

Finding and downloading the older rpms and using the --oldpackage flag for rpm is a god method to downgrade until the newer package which restores functionality is later introduced.

Jim
--
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
		-- Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"