Re: Printer config is BAD!

Erich Zigler wrote:
On Tue, August 7, 2007 1:39 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:

	The gui software for setting up the printer has been updated and it's
very bad. It is f***d up to where I can't use it. It will not accept a
printer with a parallel port cable. It makes F7 worthless for a user.

Please watch the inappropriate language. Some of us read this mailing list
while at work and that could get us in a bit of trouble.

Back to your printer issue. It makes it very hard to help when you keep
opening new threads for the same problem. There are too many simultaneous
conversations going on over the same issue to be of much help.

What kind of printer do you have? One packages were upgraded in the last
update?

- Erich

All of this is in earlier messages. But for you I will do it again. From /var/log/yum I got the files but I am back on fc6 now. The printer is a Brother laser printer model HL-1440. It has worked fine on f7 until the gui printer setup software was updated. Now it will not work.

   It is a great mystery and I for one are hopeless :-(

But I can't use a computer that can't print. So I have a fix that is fc6 :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User