Re: Cups

Jonathan Dieter wrote:
On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 11:37 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
There is only printer.conf and printer.conf.o and printer.conf has
this:

[root@k5di cups]# more printers.conf
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.2.12
# Written by cupsd on 2007-08-07 09:03
<DefaultPrinter laserPrinter>
Info
Location
DeviceURI
State Stopped
StateMessage /usr/lib/cups/backend/bÿ??; failed
StateTime 1186499019
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>
[root@k5di cups]#

I know nothing about cups. For all I know this looks fine. But of course it doesn't work.

Well, there's no actual information about the current printer.  Notice
that Info, Location and DeviceURI are all blank (DeviceURI is the
important one).  What does printers.conf.O look like?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, the problem is that the software for the printer setup has been updated and it no longer contains the printer I have with a parallel port connector. There is no way for me to select a lpt0 port so it can't work! I have no idea what they call the thing. But IT IS the problem not cups.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User