Re: System freezing frequently

> A simple test is to swap it.  You mentioned having another PC.  If the
> power supplies use the same connectors, you could try swapping them over
> and seeing if it makes any difference.

I just stopped memtest86+ after letting it run for 8 hours.  I haven't
used it before, but it looked like it would keep looping indefinitely
until stopped.  On 1x1GB stick of RAM, it said it was running:
Test   Pass   Errors
=================
Std    20        0

Which I assume means the memory is fine.

I don't have any thermal paste offhand, so I'll try to get some.  Are
there any retail stores (particularly ones in Southeast Michigan) that
might carry it?  Or is it pretty much only available online?  Also, is
there any particular type/brand I should be looking for?

The PSU in my old machine is for a Dell micro-tower (Pentium 4HT
2.4GHz).  I think it's only 200-250W, a lot less than my current PSU,
but if the only risk is that it might not turn on, I can check and see
if it will fit in the tower in place of the current PSU.  If there are
larger dangers, please warn me.  I won't attempt it until at least
tonight, and haven't verified that they're compatible yet.

At least the good news is it seems to have not frozen in about 10
hours of being on, which is near the upper limit for me.  I actually
took the case wall off and increased the A/C in my house though, which
I hope doesn't become the "solution."

Thanks everyone,

Chris