Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

Steve Searle wrote:
Around 12:28pm on Monday, August 06, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

You installed FC6 from CD-Rom disks. Your trying to install F7 with a DVD disk. It will not load.

	Replace your DVD drive with a good one.

Karl, before you get him to spend money on buying a new drive, can you
explain how you have diagnosed it as faulty?

Steve

In one message he said he bought the DVD with F7 on it. I assume the DVD is at least good if not perfect. So the only thing left is a faulty DVD drive. I had to replace one a month ago. It just stopped working. Right now my old HP CD writer 9100 series is going South and I will have to replace it. Seems drives are good for about 3 years.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User