Re: Where is KCRON?

On 05Aug2007 20:19, steve <networks1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
| I’ve been trying to find a GUI interface for cron on FC^with KDE.  Googling
| around on that I found a reference to KCRON which I guess is supposed to be
| installed along with KDE.  But I can’t find it anywhere on my KDE menus, and
| it’s not listed on the the “install/remove programs” tool.  On the other
| hand, when I tried yum install kcron, it downloaded the files then said
| “nothing to do” which I think means it’s installed already.  Is it, and if so
| does anyone know where I can find it? If not, how can I get it to install?

It's installed. You can check by saying:

  rpm -qi kcron

at a command prompt.

Try running it from a command prompt:

  kcron

That seems to work (after a fashion) for me.

You should be able to manually add it to your menus if you decide it does
what you need.

| Also, does anyone have recommendations for a task scheduler with a GUI and a
| little more functionality than cron, like showing when something is running,
| when is the next scheduled run, the ability to suspend scheduled jobs, etc?
|  There are a number of such things for windoze.  I found this http://
| www.sos-berlin.com/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=62&page=
| osource_scheduler_introduction_en.htm <"http://www.sos-berlin.com/modules/
| cjaycontent/index.php?id=62&page=osource_scheduler_introduction_en.htm"> but
| it is a little too feature rich.  I tried it anyway and couldn’t get it to
| play nice with mysql (which it requires).

Sounds nasty. Run kcron by hand and see how close it is to what you
want. I don't use it myself.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Well, it's one louder, isn't it?  It's not ten.  You see, most blokes are
gonna be playing at ten, you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up,
all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar, where can you go from there?
Where?  Nowhere, exactly.  What we do is, if we need that extra push over the
cliff, you know what we do?  Eleven.  Exactly.  One louder.
        - Nigel Tufnel, _This Is Spinal Tap_