Re: RFE: how to file: lightweight desktops

--- Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 09:45:41AM -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> > I am thinking of filing an RFE for a Fedora with a lightweight desktop
> > environment. How does one do this? Bugzilla asks for a specific component
> so
> > this seems a little out of place there.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Trotter
>
> Any particular desktop? For the lightest of lightweight desktops,
> there's twm, xorg-x11-twm. I'm sure others have their recommendations.

True. I myself use fvwm2. But twm, and fvwm2 are not DEs. They are WMs. I was
thinking something in the light of fluxbox or xfce would be apprpriate. The
real trouble under the current setup is the plethora of things that appear and
get working even if you choose not to use gnome (using fvwm instead).

Best,
Trotter

http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/