Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:07:56 -0600
Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> MoonShine wrote:
> > Ok I switched from Windoes Xp to Linux and got Fc6 installed in
> > which im using right now but earlier I bought the next version of
> > Fedora which is f7 but it wont boot from restart or start up and
> > the reason I bought was becuase I couldnt download anything from
> > the internet at all! Only from like Add/Remove default program and
> > the updater!
> >
> > Can anyone help before I give up Linux!!
> >

>   Yes I can. Put the F7 DVD away and spend some time getting FC6
> running well on your computer. It will work better than Windows XP
> ever did but you need to spend some time getting it running well.
>
> 	Explain why you can't download a big file? I do it all the
> time from Linux.

As an alternative the the (seemingly) headaches the Op is getting - May
I suggest working with Ubuntu first.

If the Op is/was a Windows user, and has little to no working mileage
with any Linux - then Ubuntu is the perfect stepping-stone into the
world of Unix and unix-like OS's.

The Op should get a workable install from the git-go, and with very
little time the Op will have out-grown the Window-ish ways of Ubuntu
and had a decent basic grasp of Linux in general.

F7 isn't for the Linux-first-timer. It has it's "quirks" that can
discourage the Linux first timer.

This is just a suggestion - I came into Linux that way and have not
regretted it. I spend just 3 months under Ubuntu before I felt ready to
move on to a more serious OS. One that I felt I could tinker with and
grow.

--
Best regards,
Chris