Re: Can I mount my motorola razr as a USB disk?

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 23:31 -0400, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> It would make a difference in my decision to buy the phone if I can access
> my memory card on the phone as a USB device.
>
> Anyone?

Yes it is possible if the carrier has not messed with it. I bought mine
without a contract so it's a virgin one with all the goodies intact. On
the phone you need to configure the memory card as "Memory Card" and
then all you need to do is connect the USB cable between the phone and
PC. The memory card will show up similar to a USB stick.

FWIW I love the design of the phone but I really hate the software. It's
dead slow, very far from Nokia quality/easiness/snappiness and the
latest firmware did not make any difference. I am going back to either
Sony Ericsson or Nokia. My old Sony Ericsson K750i worked like a charm
with FC6 (syncing via Bluetooth, access mem card as a USB device). My
Nokia 6230 before that was a piece of crap because it did not support
syncing with Multisync (now OpenSync) via Bluetooth over IrMC with
Evolution. So wether Nokia is an option will be determined by their
support for Bluetooth over IrMC on the phone I am interested in. No
support, no sale (are you listening Nokia?!).

If you want to be able to sync your calendar, phone contacts etc with
Evolution via Bluetooth I recommend you verify that the phone(s) you are
interested in support(s) Bluetooth over IrMC . Alternatively you can
setup the cool stuff from Funambol and sync it over an Internet
connection.

Regards,
Patrick