Re: yum update

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

Use the --exclude=[package] option like
# yum update --exclude=kernel*

The above will not work since the * will be expanded by the shell not
yum.

Are you sure?
My impression is that it is only expanded if you happen to have
a file called kernel* in the current directory.
If it doesn't find anything yum does expand the argument, I think?

However, I always say: yum update --exclude=kernel\*

	For what it is worth, I have in /etc/yum.conf the line:
exclude=kernel*

and it is working just fine. On every update now I see the line on the screen saying global instructions are considered.

An important part of this setup is that the kernel update just goes away. If you just unselect a kernel update it will keep trying to send it.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User