Re: package auditing in fedora

> With that in mind, I have a few other suggestions and comments.
> Fedora may not be the most suitable OS for such a situation.  RHEL or
> CentOS would seem like better candidates.  Perhaps you have a need for
> newer software though.

I would second that.

If you really are more interested in a stable platform with only important
security updates, then really Fedora isn't for you. Fedora stays as close to
upstream as possible and frequently, in fact most often I would say, updates
are not security related and just package updates. Occasionally things get
broken by this fast turn over.

It sounds like you should look at more stable distro like centos or scientific
linux (free RHEL clones without the service agreements) as perhaps being more
suitable to your needs. SL5 is now out, and whilst not quite as new and funky
as Fedora7, still fairly up to date.

Chris