Re: which init script takes care of loading the sound?

>> And we have a response. It's been reassigned by him to udev... and by
>> udev maintainer Harald back to asla-utils.
>> Great! We're back to square 1!
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)
>>
>> Registered Linux User #374218
>> Fedora release 7 (Moonshine)
>> Linux 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 x86_64
>> My USB drives automount! :p
>>

> Bummer!!!  We'll still keep our workaround or create a script on our own that does this.
> The nasd daemon starts the Network Audio Server, I have strong convictions that this is the one that should have the fix, > but like you say no one confirms or denies this.

This is what the nasd reports

[root@localhost init.d]# cat nasd | more
#!/bin/bash
#
# nasd        Starts nasd.
#
#
# chkconfig: 345 88 88

#Servicename
SERVICE=nasd

#Source function library.
. /etc/init.d/functions

[ -f /usr/bin/$SERVICE ] || exit 0

# Source config
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/$SERVICE ] ; then
        . /etc/sysconfig/$SERVICE
else
        NASD_OPTIONS="-b -local"
fi

RETVAL=0

start() {

I will add this after start() { in /etc/rc.d/init.d/nasd

# Load mixer settings, here because I think it belongs here
grep -q "\(alsa\)" /proc/devices
if [ $? = 0 -a -x /sbin/salsa ]; then
   action $"Saving mixer settings" /sbin/salsa -l
fi

to nasd and report back to check if it works

Will report back.

Regards,

Antonio