Re: ntfs-3g

Karl Larsen
>> this is from /var/log/yum.log:

Ingemar Nilsson:
> This is not a good way to list installed packages, as it only lists those
> packages installed by Yum after the system was installed. Packages
> installed during system installation are listed in /root/install.log.
>
> Anyway, if you want to list all installed packages, there are a couple of
> ways.
>
> % rpm -qa
>
> or
>
> % yum list installed

Or, /var/log/rpmpkgs has a listing of all the packages currently
installed, and it's somewhat quicker to get a result than the two ways
above.  Plus, the /root/install.log can only be read by root, and can
include things that have since been uninstalled.  Likewise, neither the
yumlog nor install log would show RPMs installed by directly using the
rpm command.

/me sits back and waits for someone else to come up with yet another

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.