Re: is there a way to get CD isos of Fedora 7?

here is how you can install Fedora without a DVD player...

Download the FC7 DVD iso.... extract the boot.iso from the DVD iso... (use your tools of choice)

Create an nfs share on another system and put the FC7 DVD iso in that share.

Burn the boot.iso to a cdrom

boot the system you want to install FC7 on from the cd with the boot.iso image.

When you are asked how you want to install choose "NFS share"

Enter the ip address and directory name... and voila... network install of FEDORA and you did not have to expand the ISO to do it.

Pretty cool!

On 8/2/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 09:55 -0700, Darlene Wallach wrote:
> I have a workaround to install Fedora 7 if I can get the
> isos on CDs. I can only find DVD iso for Fedora 7.
You can install f7 from the Fedora 7 Live CD.