setting up public share without a password... does not work in FC7???

Hello,

here is my smb.conf:
[global]

    workgroup = MYGROUP
    server string = Samba Server Version %v
    security = share
    passdb backend = tdbsam

[public]
    comment = Public Stuff
    path = /home/plabonte/public
    read >    public = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    guest >

I have tried a number of configuration changes and no luck

I want to create a share that is accessible from Windows without the need of a username and password. And I want the share writtable by everyone. The actual shared directory has been chmod'ed to 777 to illiminate it from the cause of the problem

When I try to access the share  I get the error: "the network name cannot be found"

Thank you in advance!