Re: yum update

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 01:06 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
The yum update is a problem now. I let it go to the point where it does what it says it will and I said no! Most of what it wants to do is fine. But it wants to erase my current kernel and install 41 again. I have been through this already today!

    How can I get the other updates but not the kernel?

Add the line:

exclude=kernel*

to /etc/yum.conf

--
Erik.

Or less cosmically by doing:
yum --exclude="kernel*" update

This is a matter of taste. I prefer the cosmic solution because I don't have to remember the syntax and won't ever forget to exclude a kernel in the update batch.

--
Erik.