Re: Installation of VMware-server

Jack Byers     byersj@xxxxxxxxxxx

you might need just a simple variation on that general vmware  suggested
location.
e.g. on my fc5   on vmplayer  (not vmserver)
i think i successfully responded with

/usr/src/kernels/2.6.17-1.2174_FC5-i686/include

HTH
Jack

Yes I agree, but this is exactly my problem, the fact that I cannot
find this variated location, I forgot to mention also the kernel
version I am using so here it goes:

<!---------------Snip------------------->
[root@localhost Desktop]# uname -r && rpm -qa | grep kernel-devel
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
kernel-devel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7
<!---------------Snip------------------->

so, if my fc5 experience is any guide, you should try
locate  2.6.21-1.3228.fc7-i686/include

I have an fc7 x64  laptop   with  2.6.21-1.3228.  kernel
but it is currently being returned to my vendor for
some config problem fixes.  Assuming i get it back in working order
i can try to find the appropriate  /include  file path for you

sorry, I am not a vmserver expert, even tho i still use vmplay.er successfully,
HTH
Jack

Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink