Re: F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 USB stick

Antonio Olivares wrote:

>> I wonder if 2.6.22.1-41 will work for you? (It is the latest update.)
>> I couldn't connect with 2.6.22.1-33, though I could with the earlier
>> kernel.

>  I think that the problem here are not directly with the kernel, maybe the
>  martian code is incompatible with kernels >= 2.6.22.  The other winmodem
>  drivers work well with both the newer kernels.  I see differences in the
>  martian_dev.ko sizes.  Maybe that is where the problem lies.

Well, I don't have a martian device,
and I have (or had) exactly the same problem as others described -
the machine hung when trying to activate eth0.

In any case, what do you mean by "not directly with the kernel"?
Are you distinguishing between the kernel proper and kernel modules?
(If so, it doesn't seem to me to matter too much where the problem lies,
or lay.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366