New kernel naming better understood

Dear all,

Looking at the fedora-kernel-list and checking through I found the thread

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-kernel-list/2007-July/msg00013.html

which explains the naming of the fedora kernel

\begin{quote}

The basic approach is this:

1st fedora build of 2.6.21.5:
kernel-2.6.21.5-1.fc7

2nd fedora build of 2.6.21.5:
kernel-2.6.21.5-2.fc7

1st fedora build of 2.6.22-rc6-git3:
kernel-2.6.22-0.rc6.git3.1.fc8

2nd fedora build of 2.6.22-rc7:
kernel-2.6.22-0.rc7.2.fc8

\end{quote}

This clears up my mind and I can clear myself of the intriguing kernel names used by Fedora.  Thanks to all who have provided feedback.

Regards,

Antonio

Linux Counter # 381662
http://counter.li.org