how to run WindowMaker "dockapps" in KDE?

Recently, I've been exploring KDE and have found its window manager,
kwin, to be quite excellent.  Combined with kdesktop, I can get just
about all of the customizations I want.

I have been a long time WindowMaker user, and have grown accustomed to
some of the dockapps.  I can't find any way to dock them in a KDE
system.  Program writers seem to think "dock" means an application
launcher, but in WindowMaker a dock is more than that. It is a place
where programs can run in "miniwindows".  Yes, a dock can be a
launcher, but we don't need that function. What we need is some place
for a small program to run.

In particular, since I cannot find a small CPU monitor applet for the
kde panel, I want to run dockapps like "wmload" or "wmmon".  When I
run them now, they just go to the top of the screen and the desktop
background shows through the clear parts (alpha channel, I suppose).
 I guess that is adequate, but not so good looking as plopping the app
down on top of the pleasant colored square.  It looks like this now:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/WindowManagers/wmmon_on_kde.png

Whereas it should be mounted on a standard background pixmap, as shown here

http://pj.freefaculty.org/WindowManagers/wmmon_should_be.png

Got any help on how to run things in miniwindows and have them restart
every time you log in?

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science