Re: FC7 yum upgrade

Andy Green wrote:

Just comparing it to my grub.conf, I have root=LABEL=/ here, since your
problems are coming from the initial root device I wonder if you should
try to relabel "Cata" as "/" and adjust grub.conf accordingly, in case
it has a special meaning... doesn't sound likely but it is a difference
in the right area for the symptom.

Also it might be work recooking your initrd now you changed the
/etc/fstab.  Something like this should do

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7

maybe you tried it already since you mentioned initrd contents in the
thread.

Otherwise as the others said you seem to have a lot of powers at your
disposal and to have used them... it's probably something dumb ;-)

I was thinking seriously that could be a simple thing, but it should somebody else open me eyes because I'm stuck right now.
Later, I'll try to relabel / partition and I'll keep you in touch.

Thanks,
--
Catalin Bucur      mailto:cata@xxxxxxxxxxxx
NOC @ Genius Network SRL - Galati - Romania