Re: New hang on suspend, anyone?

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 11:03 -0500, chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a ThinkPad T60 running F7. After the recent kernel update, suspend
> to RAM no longer works. It drops to text mode, says it is suspending, and
> locks up.

Try playing with one of the pm-suspend settings. See pm-suspend --help
for the possibilities. Open a terminal and as root and try for example:
# pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode
or
# pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios
or
# pm-suspend --quirk-s3-mode --quirk-s3-bios

My laptop (Acer TM6460) needs the first one to properly suspend.
Also have a look on this webpage:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-advanced.html
You may need to create that unload_modules file in /etc/pm/config.d/ and
add some modules like iwl3945, kvmv, kvm_intel.

> I can't get the machine to respond at all with the keyboard, so I can't
> get to a console.
>
> Is this common? Is there a work-around? (I kind of like suspend on a
> laptop.)

Dunno about common. My laptop suspended/resumed fine with FC6 but with
F7 it's not resuming anymore. For a work-around try one of the examples
I gave above.

Regards,
Patrick