Re: HP Image Zone

>>From the HP PSC 1500 All-inOne series User Guide:
>"If the self-test report indicates a problem,
>clean the print cartridges using the HP Image Zone software."
>(formatting mine)
>The self-test report indicates a problem.
>Can what the user guide is suggesting be done from FC6 and CUPS?
>If so, is it useful to do so?

I'll preface this by saying that I don't actually own an HP printer, but
according to OpenPrinting it looks as though your printer is fully
supported by the hplip drivers included with Fedora and works
'Perfectly' (their word, not mine)
http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1500

My guess then is that you can use all the /usr/bin/hp-* tools including
hp-clean which is supposed to clean the print cartridge heads. Beyond
that I can't really help as all it gives me is the below output (since
my printer is a Canon):

R/S
Jason

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Printer Cartridge Cleaning Utility ver. 1.7

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

warning: Inrecognized URI: usb://Canon/MP170
error: No devices found.
error: Error occured during interactive mode. Exiting.