Re: Adept and apt-rpm

Kelly wrote:
apt is just the command-line tool. Unless there is a library (I don't remember if there is for yum or not), you have to know how to parse the tool's repository format (yum's is rather easy, 'cause it's standardized as part of LSB IIRC)...

Really, it's misguided to imply Debian repositories are undocumented or proprietary just because LSB chose RPM. Anyway, there is a libapt library on Debian; I'm not sure if apt-rpm ported that or bypassed it completely.

Unless, of course, you fork the installer process, which I guess you could do, though the problem is you will likely lose the really detailed error messages.

Which I don't think Synaptic or Adept provide anyway, even on Debian.

Matt Flaschen