Re: Killed /home installing Fedora 7 with Ubuntu

I think as others have said you are screwed, but take a look at magicrescue, it has helped us recover data that a colo customer once deleted, much the same as you, except our backups were nightly and this guy spent the ebst part of all that day redesigning his site and toolsets, only to rm it all thinking it was his old stuff :)
We managed to recover 80% of his data.

The copy I have is http://support.ausics.net/magicrescue-1.1.4.tar.gz
incase you can't find it, but this is a few years old so there's bound to be a later (better?) version by now.