Re: Goodbye F7

Karl Larsen wrote:
I must have too many special uses for my Linux. I went to F7 because of many nice things :-) I got many things working and sent in 4 Bug reports none of which have been solved. I was just not able to live without the things I must have. So I am back to FC6 and will get a few things from F7 to here and be done with it :-(

If you don't want to live on the edge of development, you might like running CentOS5 (very much like FC6 but with 7 years planned bug/security update support) and then pull in any newer things you need from other repositories like EPEL http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL or build them yourself knowing you won't be forced to do it over ever 18 months. Perhaps you could even support your builds in the EPEL repository if they would be of interest to others.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx