Re: Problem creating root password MySQL in FC6

As I said, this is the first time I started MySQL and never had any password under any user name, I was trying to create a password for user root after initial installation of MySQL as the book said, unless this is out of date and no required any more? Or I have to do something in addition (That book didn't mentioned it)
Barry