Re: Fedora 7 and Intel

Hello,
He has the intel integrated graphics...I think his chipset is the 915 chipset.I am not so sure.I will check his /etc/X11/xorg.conf and send it as an attachment as soon as possible.

On 7/28/07, »Steven Ringwald« <asric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
>          I have installed Fedora 7 on my system with an AMD processor
> and it is running fine.But I recently installed Fedora 7 on my
> friend's computer with an Intel processor and the installation went on
> fine.But when I start the GUI it just shows me a terminal and a clock
> and a garbled screen.I tried changing the screen resolution using
> system-config-dislay in runlevel 3 but to no avail.What can I do so as
> to make the system usable?
This sounds like a X-windows issue rather than anything to do with the
system processor. What video card does your friend have, and what does
his /etc/X11/xorg.conf file look like?