Re: blank DVDs are not mounted on FC6

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 21:51 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:

> How do I get to write to a DVD. I put in a blank DVD and I don't get anything.
> Mount volume says no media, and I cant figure out how to proceed since nothing
> works.

You can use any of several different programs for writing to discs, they
work in different ways, but a basic premise is to assemble a collection
of files to be written, then do the writing.

You can even do this from within Nautilus.  "Go" to the "CD/DVD
Creator" (look in the "Go" menu).  There's a spot for assembling your
files for burning, you can make directories, too.  You can copy and
paste, or drag and drop, into it.

If you want to do something more complex, I'd suggest using a program
designed for burning.  e.g. Gnome baker, XCD Roast, K3B, and lots more.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-33.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.