Kernel Panic w/RAID Controller

Having taken the advice from Andy and Rick I have located and added the RAID driver to the initrd. However I still get the kernel panic error when I attempt to boot from the drive when connected to the RAID controller. I have verified that I have the exact same drivers in the initrd that I have on my FC3 system that boots OK from the same controller.
At this point I'm stumped.
FWIW when a clean drive is connected to the controller during installation from the i386.DVD.iso the drive cannot be found by anaconda.

Adaptec 1200A

Here is the kernel panic error message and grub.conf
Any and all help is always greatly appreciated.

root (hd0,0

Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x3a
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22 ro root=LABEL=/ quiet
   [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size-0x1cb174]
initrd /initrd-2.6.22.img
[Linux-initrd @ 0x37c7f000, 0x370e89 bytes]
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel. Red Hat nash version 6.0.9 starting usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2, error -71 Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... No volume groups found Volume group "VolGroup00" not found Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01) mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root' setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.22)
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22 ro root=LABEL=/ quiet
       initrd /initrd-2.6.22.img
title Fedora (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7)
     root (hd0,0)
     kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
     initrd /initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.img
title Fedora (2.6.22.1-27.fc7)
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-27.fc7 ro root=LABEL=/ quiet
initrd /initrd-2.6.22.1-27.fc7.img