Re: Goodbye F7... Hello FC6 ...why not F8 test 1?

Karl Larsen wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
I must have too many special uses for my Linux. I went to F7 because of many nice things :-) I got many things working and sent in 4 Bug reports none of which have been solved. I was just not able to live without the things I must have. So I am back to FC6 and will get a few things from F7 to here and be done with it :-(

Karl

Fedora 8 test 1 is about to kick off. Are you sure you don't want to go forward instead of reverse?

Jim

Hi Jim, its a real shame that my very special wants like gmfsk and a Palm backup are so important I need them. They do not work on F7. That said I will be glad to help with testing F8 when it is ready. I can load it and try things and report back here.

You'd think that if there was regression from FC6 to Fedora 7 for a particular program, the newer distribution would find out why the newer version does not work and fix it. Fedora 7 should have less breakage.

You might want to hold off a bit for Fedora 8 test 1. I am updating my laptop from F7 to F8 and a lot of problems currently exist. My mail for one thing does not work. (both Seamonkey and Thunderbird)

If you do decide to take the plunge into the development for F8, the list for problem discussion is the fedora-test-list. Responding with test release problems on this list usually gets a lot of people irritated since the list is geared to current released versions of Fedora and not the test versions.

Good luck getting your problems for the programs that you mentioned addressed so you can move up to F7.

Jim

--
The best laid plans of mice and men are held up in the legal department.