Re: Changing number of partitions.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Hi,

By removing products I no longer use I have got one free partition of 32 GB. I plan to change this partition into three new partitions each approx. 10 BG. The total number of partitions will be less than 16 so that will not cause any problem. However, I realise that some partitions will change device address and I wonder how this will impact the two linuxes I am running. Is it at all doable? And at how many places will I have to change hardcoded device addresses?

Regards,
If your fsack and grug.conf use LABEL= then you will have no problem with the existing ones. But if not then have your cd or dvd from installation and use it as a Rescue system. I have done this too many times :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User