Re: F 7 question: How do I get a kernel-smp for it?

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 21:25 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> [...]

The "#1" comes from the .version file from the kernel source tree and
has nothing to do with how many processors (physical and core) you
have.  .version is updated each time you do a "make", so if you've
rebuilt the kernel from source twice, you'll see a "#2" in the output.

You can see how many CPUs you have by "cat /proc/cpuinfo".  And you're
right, there is no split between UP and SMP kernels...one size fits
all (well, mostly).

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     Squawk!  Pieces of Seven!  Pieces of Seven!  Parity Error!     -