Re: Kernel Panic / Crash, Kdump no help

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:38:59 -0400
"Kevin H. Hobbs" <hobbsk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out why my new F7 system crashes several
> times in a day. Sometimes Scroll Lock and Caps Lock flash: I've read
> this indicates a kernel panic. There's never anything

Does it crash when idle or only when you are doing something. If the
former then flip to a text console before leaving it and you should get a
trace on console.

Also see if turning off screensavers magically helps for the idle case

lspci says your box is utterly generic - no unusual hardware of note and
nothing that stands out as likely to be iffy. Is it solid under other OS
products do you know ?