Re: why is my wireless totally borked in f7?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 19:26 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > > >
> > >       Well for sure you have a new kernel. In a root Terminal use #
> > > lsmod and see if your wireless software is in the new kernel. If not
> > > seen then do # modprobe your-kernel-driver from FC6 and if it does
> > > nothing your kernel has the driver you need.
> > >
> > >       If it says no such thing then you need to yum a newer kernel
> > > or, yum a kernel update having that driver.
> >
> >   i've already been down that road.  i've used both the official FC
> > kernels, and built my own as well.  the gateway laptop does have the
> > broadcom drivers loaded, so that shouldn't be a problem.
> >
> >   let me re-iterate -- until f7, wireless config and usage was a
> > no-brainer.  it just worked.  now, with f7, it just *doesn't* work.
> > so i'm curious if anyone else noticed problems right after moving to
> > f7.
> >
> Well we need more information since my experience was just the
> opposite. Tell us more about how you are configuring the wireless.

after i tackle this again this weekend, if i'm still not having any
luck, i can provide more info.  i just wanted to take a shot and ask
if there was a *known* issue with wireless that would have solved my
problem right away.  i wasn't trying to be vague, honest.  :-)

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page