Re: Stuck in UTC

Jorgen Jonsson kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 26.
heinäkuuta 2007):
> I switched from UTC=false to UTC=true in /etc/sysconfig/clock
> and then I changed back to UTC=false.

The /etc/sysconfig/clock setting effects only how time is stored
on the motherboard CMOS-clock while your system isn't running.
It has nothing to do with how applications show the time to the
user. If you double-boot your system with Windows, set
UTC=false, otherwise set UTC=true.

> Now every time I boot
> up, gdm and gnome-clock is showing UTC-time and also
> gnome-clock isn't updating until system-time has cought up.
> "date" is showing the correct time (Wed Jul 25 18:07:22 CEST
> 2007). Also /var/log/messages has the UTC-time. So for two
> hours the time stands still at every upboot.

Check your time-zone settings. Gnome may have its own timezone
setting (I don't know, I'm a KDE user) separate from the
timezone set by /etc/localtime.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka@xxxxxx