Re: Cannot write to SD card

Dotan Cohen wrote:
I have a 2 GB Sandisk SD card that I often write to. Just today, it
has started to be mounted read-only:
cp: cannot create regular file `bg.jpg2': Read-only file system

The read-write switch on  the side of the card is set to write, and
I've never had trouble with it before. So I figured that I'll be smart
and man mount, in where I discovered the -w flag, but I get this
error:
[root@localhost ~]# mount -w /media/disk
mount: /dev/sda1 already mounted or /media/disk busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/sda1 is already mounted on /media/disk

So I tried unmounting it, but the device seems to be busy:
[root@localhost ~]# umount /media/disk
umount: /media/disk: device is busy
umount: /media/disk: device is busy
I always get this because I'm logged in on /media/disk/ and then ask for it to unmount it's busy. Try it after you are logged into your home.

There are no open konqueror windows, or anything else that might be
accessing the card, so far as I can tell. What must one do to either:
1) determine what is accessing the disk
or
2) Force umount anyway

Thanks in advance.

I use Gnome and when I put a card in it shows up on the desktop and there you can select to unmount the card. I have watched my 2 GB card when I select umount and it flashes some times and I pull it out.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/

--