Re: looking for POS software

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:38:58 -0400
jack wallen <jlwallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been searching freshmeat for a POS software to run on Fedora 7.
> I am not having much luck. I need something that will be
> mouse/keyboard controlled (no touch-screen). It's for a salon. Anyone
> have any suggestions?
>
> Thank you so much.

Noticed this in passing.  Might be a little overkill for your needs,
though.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/

Description of project:
Compiere is like QuickBooks for advanced users -- a complete business
solution for small-medium enterprises. It provides inventory
management, order processing, accounting, reporting, customer
relationship management, a Web store, and more. Its "big brothers" are
SAP, PeopleSoft, and Oracle Applications.

Don't see a package for F7, but it is GPL and there are tarballs
available, so you could compile it.