Re: looking for POS software

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:38:58 -0400
jack wallen <jlwallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been searching freshmeat for a POS software to run on Fedora 7. I
> am not having much luck. I need something that will be mouse/keyboard
> controlled (no touch-screen). It's for a salon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Depending on what your actual field requirements are, it might be easier
to write your own custom program to fit that particular business than any other
solution.

Again, it depends.  Glorified cash register?  That's one thing.  Inventory
control, appointment scheduling, time allocation, partridge-in-a-pear-tree?
Well, that's more than that and maybe more than it's worth for a small salon.
Or maybe not.

You are the only one who's currently in a position to make that determination.

I realize that this isn't a terribly informative answer but unfortunately there
isn't enough provided in your question to give you a better one at the moment.