Re: " No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found"

On 7/25/07, Russ Smith (rfrancis) <no-reply-gw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to pipe in, having found this thread, that I&#039;m
having the same problem since the recent update.  This is on Gateway
E-4610D workstations.  Similar to Dave Cross, the sound worked until
the kernel got upgraded.  My modprobe.conf looks like this:

alias eth0 e1000
alias scsi_hostadapter pata_marvell
alias scsi_hostadapter1 ata_piix
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0

which, again similarly, worked fine until the update.  Looks to me
like the identical problem.  In my case, at least, it&#039;s on an
Intel 965Q Chipset, which hasn&#039;t really operated stably (in my
experience) until Fedora 7, and well, now there&#039;s this. :)

My advice (at least in the short term) is to go back to the previous
kernel. There seems to have been some updates the the drivers in the
newest kernel that haven't worked as well as they might have done.

Dave...