Re: Bizarre connections from and to a FC7 unattended

On 25/07/07, Thomas TS <ttsoares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
stan wrote:
> It is possible, depending on how you are logging the TCP packets
> that you are seeing failed attempts rather than actual connections.

> Then run it with the fresh copy to see if it finds any infestations.
> Not perfect, but should catch crackers that aren't skilled.

This is a brand new install.
Never was exposed to the Internet directly, always behind a NAT.

Yum auto-update is running and working fine.

What i can not accept is a huge UPload from this system to one of those
suspect IPs, from a process not started by me !!!

What name does the process have?