Re: Label Crap!

Karl Larsen <k5di <at> zianet.com> writes:
> 	I did a google search and discovered that e2label can make just fine
> labels for my files. They were hhhhhedffggeertytuu and I changed them to
> fedora_7. Then I rebooted and fedora_7 would not come up and had a
> kernel panic and all that shit!
>
> 	I had to use my fedora 7 DVD and select Rescue. When it got to the
> point I asked it to mount my fedora 7 system and it FAILED! I had to use
> mount the darn thing myself and then use joe to remove the dam labels  I
> made and replaced them with /dev/sdb5 which thank God now work! Now it
> will boot again.

Labels just work here. You probably didn't enter them into fstab correctly (you
need to enter LABEL=fedora_7, not just fedora_7). Please don't blame the
utilities unless you have proof it's them which screwed up and not you!

> 	Please no one mention labels AGAIN!

labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels
labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels
labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels labels
labels ;-)

        Kevin Kofler